Learn More Today
If you’d like to learn more about how Cutting Dynamics can provide aerospace solutions to your company, reach out to us below or call us at 888-235-2737.
CDI manufactures components for the aircraft interior industries and aircraft structural market. From seat backs to titanium firewalls, we can offer exceptional service on manufactured aircraft components, aerospace components, and assemblies.
The majority of these components are manufactured from aircraft grade aluminum, #4130 steel, stainless steel, titanium, and thermoplastic carbon fiber. Our diverse options for aerospace component manufacturing allow us to meet the needs of our clients, supplying whatever they require.
If you’re looking for premium aerospace manufacturing components, Cutting Dynamics has the solutions for you.
About Our Services for Aerospace Manufacturing Companies
Since 1985, Cutting Dynamics has been a leader in processing complex components. We strive to provide our customers with high-quality and reliable services to help them succeed. When you choose CDI for your aerospace manufacturing, you’ll receive a company who is dedicated to meeting your specific needs.
Work with Cutting Dynamics and you’ll receive the following services for aerospace manufacturing:
- In-house tooling
- Hot forming of titanium
- Heat treating
- Carbon fiber thermoplastic component manufacturing, using CCM & stamp forming
Complete traceability of components is assured, and Cutting Dynamics carries aircraft product liability insurance. Cutting Dynamics can provide your company with a reliable aerospace manufacturing solution.
Hot Forming Titanium for Aerospace Manufacturing Companies
One of our major services for aerospace companies is our hot forming for titanium. Some of the key benefits of utilizing hot forming include:
- Increased accuracy due to the elimination of springback
- Complex shapes can be more easily formed with tighter radii
- Cracking is inhibited especially when forming titanium
- The process avoids the thinning of the material while forming
At its core, hot forming is a process of matched metal tool forming which incorporates, time, temperature, and pressure, and often is used on the alloys of titanium, Inconel, and certain grades of stainless steel.
To enhance our hot forming titanium capabilities, we recently purchased a new hot form press from Beckwood Corporation which helps us to provide significantly reduced lead times (12 weeks) for our customers. This, of course, works in tandem with our dedicated in-house team who can design and produce all needed tools and fixtures.
Some of the key features of our press include:
- 30” x 48” heated platens which are fabricated TMA® 4505, a high-strength, heat-resistant alloy developed by Duraloy specifically for high-temperature applications
- Capable of temperatures up to 1600°F+, with each platen containing nine heating zones to ensure temperature uniformity to within +/-5°
- An automated insulated door system which efficiently contains heat within the forming chamber while allowing access during part or tool loading and unloading sequences
If you have any questions about Cutting Dynamics’s capabilities for hot forming, or you would like more information about any of our other services for aerospace manufacturers, be sure to reach out to us.
Learn More About Our Aerospace Manufacturing Company
Be sure to check out our blog for key information on our company, industry updates, and much more.
Here are a few of our more recent posts:
- Get to Know the HH-60G PAVE Hawk Helicopter
- Cutting Dynamics Is a Trusted Supplier of Parts for Rescue Helicopters
- What Makes Sikorsky’s UH-60 Black Hawk a Great Air Assault Helicopter
- How UH-60 Black Hawk Helicopters Are Supporting U.S. Disaster Assistance to Haiti
- How UH-60 Black Hawks Are Used as Search and Rescue Helicopters
- Cutting Dynamics Earns a Spot in Boeing Premier Bidder Program
- 3 Reasons Why Black Hawk Helicopters Are Ideal for Medical Evacuations
Contact Us for Aerospace Component Manufacturing
Want to learn more about our capabilities for manufacturing aerospace components? Be sure to contact Cutting Dynamics today and a member of our team will be in touch.