Air assault is the process of using vertical take-off and landing aircraft, such as a helicopter, to move ground-based military forces to terrain that has not yet been fully secured. The goal of these types of missions is often to seize and hold the unsecured terrain or directly engage enemy forces behind enemy lines. The use of air assault helicopters in these missions allow for troops to move much farther than they could on foot and safely get in behind enemy lines.
Why Choose a Black Hawk for Air Assault Missions?
The Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk is one of the most versatile helicopters in the world. Designed to be dependable, fast, and high-performance, the UH-60 is an ideal air attack helicopter.
Additional features of the Black Hawk helicopter include:
- Reaches speeds up to 163 mph
- Can move 11 combat-loaded, air assault troops
- Equipped with advanced avionics and electronics for increased survivability and capability
- Low detectability
- Powered by two T700-GE-701D engines
- Outfitted with a cargo hook for external lift missions
- Equipped with a dual digital flight control computer
- Requires little maintenance
- Can be armed with missiles, rockets, machine guns, and more
When using a Black Hawk for air assault missions, the cabin can either be filled with 11 troops and two armed gunners or all of the seats can be removed so the cabin can be loaded with cargo.
UH-60 Air Assault Missions Throughout History
Since its launch in the late 1970s, the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter has been used for various applications around the world. In particular, this high-performance helicopter is frequently used for air assault missions.
In particular, Black Hawk air assault helicopters were used in what is now considered the largest air assault mission in U.S. Army history. During the Gulf War in 1991, over 2,000 American air assault troops, including more than 300 helicopters, flew into Iraq for airborne assault missions. Of the numerous air assault Black Hawks that participated in this mission, two UH-60 air assault helicopters (89-26214 and 78-23015) were shot down while performing Combat Search and Rescue of other downed aircrews.
Additionally, UH-60 Black Hawks were utilized in the air assault on Mogadishu in Somalia in 1993. Similarly, Black Hawk air assault helicopters were frequently used throughout the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
Cutting Dynamics Offers Maintenance Kits for Air Attack Helicopters and More
When using a UH-60 Black Hawk as an air assault helicopter, routine maintenance is crucial. Regular maintenance checks will help to keep your air attack helicopter operating safely and smoothly.
At Cutting Dynamics, we specialize in UH-60 Black Hawk phase maintenance kits for the following flight hour intervals:
Each of our Black Hawk air assault maintenance kits contains Sikorsky-approved replacement parts that are organized into five different sections according to our patented color-coded system. With our maintenance kits, performing maintenance on your UH-60 air assault helicopter has never been easier.
Some of the benefits of using our repair kits include:
- Decreased maintenance costs
- Improved aircraft cycle time
- Reduced procurement administrative costs
Spare Parts for Black Hawk Air Assault Helicopters
In addition to offering phase maintenance kits, we also offer replacement parts for UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters. Our spare parts are reliable, cost-efficient, and will help to keep your air attack helicopter running smoothly.
We offer parts for all of the following areas of the helicopter:
- Tail rotor pylon
- Main rotor pylon
- Tail cone
Additional Applications for UH-60 Black Hawk Helicopters
In addition to being used as an air assault helicopter, the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk can be used for a number of applications. Some of these applications include:
- External lift
- Logistical support
- Medical evacuation
- Aerial firefighting
- Troop carrier
- Border patrol
- Electronic warfare
- Armed escort and VIP transport
- Paradrop/rappelling operations
Interested in Learning More About UH-60 Black Hawk Helicopters? Check Out the Cutting Dynamics Blog
The Cutting Dynamics blog has everything you need to know about Sikorsky Black Hawk helicopters, aviation, and so much more. If you want to learn more about UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters, check out some of these recent blog posts:
- How UH-60 Black Hawk Helicopters Are Used for Aerial Firefighting
- The UH-60A, UH-60L, and UH-60M: What Are the Differences?
- The Top MRO Companies That Work with UH-60 Helicopters
- The Cutting Dynamics UH-60 Black Hawk Phase Maintenance Kits Can Increase Efficiency
- 3 Reasons Why Black Hawk Helicopters Are Ideal for Medical Evacuations
- How Our UH-60 Black Hawk Phase Maintenance Kits Are Putting Us a Step Above Other Aircraft Part Suppliers
Why Choose Cutting Dynamics for Black Hawk Spare Parts and Phase Kits?
Since 1985, Cutting Dynamics has been providing essential products and services for the aerospace industry. Some of the benefits of choosing Cutting Dynamics for helicopter parts and maintenance kits include:
- We provide high-quality products and services – At CDI, we strive to deliver high-quality products and services to every customer. Additionally, we are AS9100 and ISO 9001 certified in the fabrication, machining, assembly, distribution, and kitting of metal and composite components for the aerospace and defense industries.
- We have decades of industry experience – For over 30 years, we have worked with clients in both the commercial and defense industries. We know that clients within these sectors have high standards for safety and functionality, and we’re pleased to be trusted by various companies within the field. Some of our long-term customers include Bell, Gulfstream, AIRBUS, Sikorsky, Parker, Cessna, and Boeing.
- We offer various aerospace services – In addition to supplying spare parts and phase maintenance kits for air assault helicopters, we specialize in a variety of other aerospace services. Some of our capabilities include hot forming titanium, aerospace hydroforming, complex machining, thermoplastic composites, engineering, and more.
Contact Cutting Dynamics for Spare Parts and Maintenance Kits for Your Air Assault Helicopter
If you use a Sikorsky Black Hawk for air assault missions and need replacement parts or maintenance kits, contact the team at Cutting Dynamics today. Our team of industry experts is ready to help.