Cutting Dynamics Inc. – Avon, OH
Send Resumes To: Steve Matovic, Engineering Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Status: Full time, hourly w/ OT, first shift
Reports To: Engineering Manager, with direction from Engineering Lead
Directs: No direct reports
- Review and interpret customer data (drawings, models, tooling, specifications, etc.), and develop accurate manufacturing models and drawings for release into production.
- Conduct review of planned production routing and provide input to production planning based on interpretation of customer requirements and/or specifications prior to release.
- Manage and resolve technical issues with assigned projects directly with customer or through CDI customer representatives as appropriate.
- Design, development, and physical prototyping of any required tooling, fixtures, or inspection gages necessary to manufacture the parts.
- Provide technical support for customer inquiries, CDI quoting and manufacturing processes, investigations of quality issues, and other requests as required.
Experience / Education:
4-year Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline is strongly preferred. A 2-year technical degree with significant applicable manufacturing / CAD based job experience may be considered.
Looking for a driven and self-motivated individual with a manufacturing background, strong drawing / 3D modeling skills, attention to detail, and ability to read / understand / interpret customer drawings (including GD&T requirements) and documents. The applicant must be willing to work in a high pace environment, where customers timelines are critical. Punctuality and willingness to work overtime when workloads fluctuate is essential. Excellent communication skills, strong problem solving skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at one time are required. Must be willing and able to effectively interact with customers as well as shop floor personnel, and have basic knowledge of manufacturing operations. The ability to troubleshoot and apply reasonable solutions to manufacturing processes is fundamental to this position. Previous experience in the aerospace industry is a plus.